Monday 18 June 2012
I think it's safe to say that I have a small obsession with mint... And have done for a quite some time. I seem to alternate between peach and mint being my fav. My latest mint purchase are these jeans, which I adore. And it's pretty darn cold here at the moment so oversized cardigans have become a must. Thankfully its not all rain and clouds though and we have had some lovely crisp clear days :)
Tuesday 12 June 2012
This little project was born out of never being able to find my rings! They didn't have a home so I thought it was about time I made them one. I may just need to do a series on them along the wall :)
If you're wanting to make one of these you'll need:
A small sheet of foam/rubber, an embroidery hoop, fabric, spray adhesive, a craft knife, pencil, needle and thread and... rings!
1. Start by tracing around the inside of the inner embroidery hoop on to your foam/rubber.
2. Use this line as a guide to cut out your circle.
3. Put your foam/rubber circle into the inner hoop and add your fabric over top.
4. Cut your fabric, making sure there is enough material to be able to secure it at the back.
5. With a pencil, trace out what you would like to stitch onto your hoop.
6. Get stitching!
7. Spray the back of your fabric with spray adhesive. Don't be shy here, if it doesn't stick to the foam/rubber very well then it will deteriorate when you take your rings in and out.
8. Attach your fabric to your embroidery hoop and make sure everything is tucked in at the back.
9. Mark out where you want to insert your ings.
10. Use a craft knife to cut slices where you have marked.
11. Add your rings and attach to your wall :)
Thursday 7 June 2012
It is good to be home!
I had a wonderful holiday in Fiji with my lovely Mother. It was the perfect mother-daughter getaway, full of sunbathing, swims, cocktails and spas. Everything was so beautiful. And when I flicked through my camera afterwards, I found that most of the shots I took were scenic ones. There truly is something magical about a sunset.
One of the highlights was when Mum discovered these beautiful big purple jellyfish (her favourite colour) while we were out kayaking. We also saw some very colourful tropical fish when we went snorkeling out on the reef... Im yet to develop my film!
Unfortunately on our last day I managed to pick up an icky tummy bug which I then unintentionally bought home to my husband. I don't think that's what he meant when he asked me to bring him something back from Fiji!