This little project was born out of never being able to find my rings! They didn't have a home so I thought it was about time I made them one. I may just need to do a series on them along the wall :)
If you're wanting to make one of these you'll need:
A small sheet of foam/rubber, an embroidery hoop, fabric, spray adhesive, a craft knife, pencil, needle and thread and... rings!
1. Start by tracing around the inside of the inner embroidery hoop on to your foam/rubber.
2. Use this line as a guide to cut out your circle.
3. Put your foam/rubber circle into the inner hoop and add your fabric over top.
4. Cut your fabric, making sure there is enough material to be able to secure it at the back.
5. With a pencil, trace out what you would like to stitch onto your hoop.
6. Get stitching!
7. Spray the back of your fabric with spray adhesive. Don't be shy here, if it doesn't stick to the foam/rubber very well then it will deteriorate when you take your rings in and out.
8. Attach your fabric to your embroidery hoop and make sure everything is tucked in at the back.
9. Mark out where you want to insert your ings.
10. Use a craft knife to cut slices where you have marked.
11. Add your rings and attach to your wall :)