Wednesday, 28 January 2015
Valentines Day is just around the corner so I thought I would share a little DIY project that you can make for your loved ones. You can make a bouquet like I have done or give out individual flowers. They will last a lot longer than real flowers... and they are delicious!
You will need: coloured tissue paper (I used three colours), cardboard, paper straws, lollipops, cellotape and scissors.
1. Cut a rectangle from your cardboard. Make a fringe by cutting lines along the edge of the cardboard. The closer your cuts are to each other the better.
2. Remove any excess tags from your lollipops. I used all yellow chupa chups (chocolate and vanilla) but you could use multiple flavours to make it more colourful.
3. Wrap your cardboard fringe around the lollipop, making it as tight as possible.
4. Secure it with some cellotape.
5. Cut a square from your tissue paper. This will be your inner petal. Fold the tissue paper in half four or five five times until you have something that looks like the below photo.
6. Cut the tissue paper in an arc and unfold it. The pink one is what it will look like when you fold it in half four times, and the purple one has been folded in half five times.
7. Make a hole in the centre of your tissue paper and push the lollipop stick through. Twist the tissue paper along the stem and secure it with tape at the bottom.
8. Repeat steps 5. to 7. with a different coloured tissue paper adding the outer layer of petals.
And there you have it, a lollipop flower. I mixed and matched the colours I used for the inner and outer petals so they didn't all look exactly the same.
Have fun creating and Happy Valentines Day :)
Wednesday, 26 November 2014
Earlier this year some friends of mine asked me to take some photos at their beach wedding – which was a bit daunting as I don't really know how to use my camera! Luckily the bride and groom are super chill and I was able to stumble my way through it. These are some of my favs from the day :)
Wednesday, 5 November 2014
My brother and I celebrated our first ever Halloween this year. It is not something that is big in New Zealand but a friend of mine has a party every year and it's a fun excuse to get all dressed up. My brother and I went as Sugar Skulls in the Day of the Dead theme. Do you think we could pass as Mexicans?! The make up was fun to do, although more time consuming than I anticipated. And I love any reason to wear a big ol' flower crown :)
Sunday, 30 March 2014
Its amazing how quickly three years can fly by! In that time I have changed jobs, Brendon has changed career, we've moved to a new town and bought a house. I wonder what the next three years will bring?!
This year we decided to celebrate a little closer to home, so went to Solscape and stayed a couple nights in a teepee. It was fun to do something a little different! We spent most of the weekend taking naps in the sun and exploring the beach. Just what we needed before winter starts to set in.
Thursday, 27 March 2014
I entered my first Creative Allies competition today for a poster design for Young the Giant. These guys are one of my favourite bands so I figured it would be nice to do some art just for the fun of it. This album is amazing so if you havent heard it yet you should go check it out!